Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Post, First Doll

Hello there my name is Annie and I am a new doll maker. In this blog I will be posting the behind the scenes work for my dolls and patterns for my Etsy shop www.sewucanpatterns.etsy.com

Fact: I am unable to sit through a horror movie and I have a fear of ghosts/spirits and yet I really love Halloween. I love all the costume possibilities, all the decor, and the parties. A couple years back I made a bat plushie, that was where my addiction to making little dolls started.

My first little doll: a sweet pink bat

Since then I have made quite a few other bats, "pop tart" style plushies, monster plushies, and even a couple dolls. Growing up I loved making paperdolls and made many, with awesome outfits, for my younger sisters. It was only a matter of time before I fell in love with sewing little dolls. So this past week I decided to make a little (7" tall) felt doll and although I have many ideas for dolls I decided to start with a Halloween themed one and made a little vampire cutie!

The excitement begged me to take a photo of how she would turn out 

I eagerly drafted up a pattern, crossed my fingers and dove right into cutting and sewing. I was so excited to see how she would turn out I snapped the above photo of her with all her limbs pinned on and before all of them were stuffed.

Mostly finished vampire doll

I attached all the limbs and made her an adorable dress, one that I am not quite sure really suits her. I still want to add some hair to her and perhaps some shoes before I truly claim she is finished, but she has been brought into existence.

Look at those gleaming red eyes

Here is a close up of her face and fangs, she will be getting some hair and a new dress shortly. I already have my next doll planned, a sweet little mermaid, so come back soon! And feel free to ask any questions, I have the vampire doll pattern listed in my Etsy shop if you want to check that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment